“We are looking for innovative, designs that balance the needs of todays ever increasingly demanding and well travelled luxury adventure traveler, with the challenge of creating extraordinary guest experiences using sustainable solutions in remote and sensitive destinations.”
Owners Debra Fox and Chris Browne create lasting value through the artful and seamless merging of design, architecture and hospitality services in the luxury sector of the hospitality industry.
Fox Browne Creative offers direction and assistance for the development of luxury lodges and small hotels. We have 50 years combined experience in luxury tourism and travel having designed, built, project managed, styled, opened and operated over 60 award winning lodges in some of the most remote parts of Africa and India.. Between us we have tackled and overcome just about every challenge imaginable and more importantly, we have loved every day creating beautiful guest experiences.
Our philosophy in both design and operations is very simple – it is all about the guests and what they will experience whilst staying there. We have a deep understanding of what works and what doesn’t when creating and operating a product for the luxury international traveller. There are many hundreds of extraordinary experiences across the world and the marketplace is extremely competitive and will only get tougher as the traveller becomes more demanding especially considering the prices they are paying. Today’s luxury traveller seeks truth, soul and meaning.
In Short: Bridging the gap between operations and design
- Owner Fox Browne Creative
- Veteran Hotelier/ Service crazy!
- Winner of 2015 Gold Key Designer of the year
- Hospitality Design Award – Winner 2015 Open Category http://www.hospitalitydesign.com/static/content_images/HD_Awards
- Winners of We are Africa Innovation awards 2015
- Short listed for the We are Africa, innovation awards -Design Africa 2016 http://www.weareafricatravel.com/design-africa/
- Built and operated Ngorongoro Crater Lodge – voted he best hotel in Africa for two years running and ( 2nd best hotel in the world) – Conde Nast Traveller 2004/5
- Won various sustainability awards for the operating ethos of &Beyond whilst Chief Operating Officer
- Chief Operating Officer for &Beyond 2000 – 2009 – largest experiential travel company in world
- Operated 40 lodges, 8 ground handling offices, 7 countries, 2 continents, 2500 staff
- Managed a successful commercial business responsible for the guest experience
- Drove a guest centric culture across two continents and 2000 staff
- Tested, cooked and documented 4000 recipes to deliver consistently good food across all the lodges.
- International experience- worked in 7 countries across Africa, in India, Latin America, Middle East
- 24 years at the coal face of operations
- I am passionate about Guests and the staff who take care of them